A Guide to Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Considering the rising concerns over global pollution due to vehicular emissions, India is one of the few countries in the world supporting the global EV30@30 campaign. This is one of the most ambitious campaigns, which targets to have at least 30% of all the new vehicles sold in the country be electric by 2030.
One of the crucial requirements for driving an electric vehicle is the easy availability of electric vehicle charging stations. This is a critical prerequisite for transitioning from old vehicles to electric-powered cars and bikes.
How does an EV charging station work?
Whether you have an electric vehicle or a hybrid electric vehicle, you would need an EV charge to keep the battery full, just as you would charge any electronic device like your mobile phone or laptop. You can park your car at an EV charging station and connect the EV charge to your vehicle. The charger draws current from the grid or power source and delivers it to the vehicle.
In line with the government’s objective to set up EV charging stations across the country, Nest-In from the house of Tata Steel is leading from the front in developing a sustainable electric vehicle charging station solution. These charging stations, known as ChargeNest, can be used for commercial and personal purposes. These stations are the foundation for developing a robust and effective electric vehicle ecosystem in the country.
All the charging stations developed by Nest-In are made of high-quality steel and FRP material. Apart from being sturdy, these stations are also aesthetically appealing.
Features and Benefits of ChargeNest
- ChargeNest comes with an integrated app that has valuable features for the users.
- The panels of ChargeNest can be used for branding purposes and as an advertisement space, providing an additional avenue for generating revenue for the operators.
- ChargeNest is made of 100% recyclable steel. It also offers an option to integrate solar panels on the roof, providing a green and sustainable source of energy.
- The structure is sturdy, and it resists corrosion. It can also withstand harsh weather and is designed to withstand winds of up to 180 km/hr.
- The electric charging stations are fully customisable, they can be easily configured for indoor and outdoor sites, and the modular nature of these units enables customisation for bay extensions.
- These units have a sleek appearance and a modern, aesthetically pleasing design.
If you have been apprehensive about switching to an electric vehicle due to a lack of charging facilities, you can install ChargeNest in your building or locality for personal or commercial purposes.
Posted in ChargeNest on Jul 28, 2022.